Rise of the Warlock King
The following sections contain a brief overview of what happened during the major events of recent history in the campaign world.
YM = Year of the Magocracy. YW = Year of the Warlords. IY = Imperial Year.
Year – Event
- 464 YM – The Dragon Hunters, having done their job too well, are sent into retirement.
- 571 YM – Nophkeh rises with his armies, the Elven Magocracy is brought down.
- 582 YM – Nophkeh is betrayed by the Warlord Benang and is slain. The Warlord Benang then immediately makes for, and seizes, Feneris.
- 583 YM – Following a (very) brief period of peaceful confusion, the various Warlords of Nophkeh begin fighting amongst themselves for dominion over his conquered lands.
- 585 YM – The Kingdom of the Dwarves is founded.
- 597 YM – The Council of Chadras is held (in Chadras). This became known as the first Year of the Warlords. (1 YW)
- 142 YW – The Wars of Empire begin.
- 175 YW – The Wars of Empire officially end and the Empire of the Dwarves is first named as such. This year also became known as the first Imperial Year. (1 IY)
- 43 IY – A treacherous trade delegation from the Sultanate of the Hobgoblins arrives at the gates of Havris. Knowing this to be just a filthy hobgoblin trap, the entire delegation is slaughtered outside the walls of the city on orders from the Emperor.
- 107 IY – The Great Library of Feneris burns down.
- 140 IY – Speaker Lenarr Frostblood is infamously expelled from the Temple of the Mind.
- 168 IY – The Battle of Three Horn Rise takes place. Imperial forces are utterly defeated in their push to capture the Slaughter Hills.
- 175 IY – Edris Mallin discovers rock seal oil to be just as useful as sea wyrm oil. The rise of Nornskar begins.
- 183 IY – Assassination of Emperor Joneth by a veiled hobgoblin.
- 211 IY – Present day.